These legacy SVG icons will be deprecated in version 2.0 of the USPTO UI Design Library - We recommend updating your project to Font Awesome 5
with SVG support.
- System icons should always be one solid color
- System icons should either be black, white, or any other primary UI color
- System icons can be placed in colored circles
You can change the color of an icon by utilizing the following CSS classes:
Note: Use either a colored circle with a white icon, or a colored icon; not both together. If necessary, you may use a dark circle to add emphasis to warning icons. Always ensure final icon usage is 508 compliant.
- Icons can vary in size
- When scaling icons, ensure the sizes used appear sharp on standard and high DPI screens
- Icons may be scaled by adding the classes below: (note: scaled icons may require additional styling) BETA
- Due to some organizations and browser configurations blocking web font downloads, the design library serves icons as an svg sprite
- Your application and audience may benefit from other methods of serving icons
- The method used for dynamically scaling icons is dependent on the method used for serving icons
- The method used for coloring icons is dependent on the method used for serving icons
- For performance, create icon bundles containing only used icons
- The source SVG files are available on Github
These icons are derived from Font Awesome 4.4.0.
OC custom application icons
These icons were created for the Official Correspondence application.
- Currently posted for awareness, further use is being evaluated.
Iconathon - Intellectual Property Symbols
These icons were created during the USPTO Iconathon, a workshop to create a set of icons that represent intellectual property concepts that don’t have a universal and recognized icon to represent them. Partnering with the Noun Project, we called on students, civic activists, artists, and intellectual property enthusiasts to collaborate, brainstorm, and sketch designs.
- As complementary artwork for headings (H1,H2,H3)
- On welcome and/or marketing pages only
- Featured icons in website billboard sections
- Alongside lists of anchor links
Download the original SVG/PNG files at thenounproject.com/USPTO